- 2004Route survey started.
- May 2008Tender for groundwork of Yerkoy-Sivas section done. Best offer is USD 839 mn (China Major Bridge Engineering – Cengiz – Limak – Kolin).
- Sep 2012Offers given for Kayas-Kirikkale section (best offer is TL 675 mn TL).
- Jan 2013Kolin-Cengiz-Limak-Mapa awarded for groundwork of Kirikkale -Yerkoy section (TL 398 mn).
- Feb 2014Contract inked with Dogus Insaat for Elmadag viaducts.
- Apr 2014Tender opened for groundwork of Kayas-Elmadag and Elmadag-Kirikkale sections.
- Feb 2015Route of railway in Sivas city center changed.
- Sep 2015Offers given for groundwork of Kayas-Elmadag ve Elmadag-Kirikkale sections.
- Oct 2016Place of Sivas station determined.
- Oct 2017Dogus is awarded for Kayaş-Yerkoy superstructure. It covers Elmadag and Kirikkale stations, rails, electrification and signalization. Target: 18 months.
- Mar 2018Rail laying started in Yerkoy-Sivas section.
- Aug 3, 2018Laying of 120 km of rail on Ankara-Sivas high speed line took part in the 100-days-program of new government.
- Oct 2018Many “not yet started” projects suspended with New Economic Program of the government. Gebze-Sabiha Gokcen-3rd bridge-3rd airport-Halkali, Ankara-Sivas, Ankara-Afyonkarahisar-Izmir, Sivas-Erzincan are given priority and will continue.
- Nov 2018Turhan: Deadline is 2019 1Q for Marmaray, end of 2019 for Ankara-Sivas YHT, 2020 for Ankara-Usak YHT and 2021 for Usak-Izmir YHT.
- Nov 2018Dogus, the contractor constructing the viaducts of Ankara-Sivas HST railway, published the video about the project: https://youtu.be/TZW3RyVy5QA
- Dec 13, 2018It’s stated in 2nd 100-days action plan of Presidency that laying of rails will reach to 450 km in Ankara-Sivas HST line. That means half of the total line.
- Apr 2019Sivas train station will be closed for 8-12 months for engineering works due to Ankara-Sivas high speed train project. During this time, Bostankaya station, which is 28 km away from Sivas will be used. Shuttle service will run between two stations.
Pages: 1 2
Categories: Railway Infrastructure