Annual ridership in rail systems are as follows (million passengers):
Rolling stock fleet
Bursa has 152 cars in its rolling stock fleet. Most of the cars are manufactured in Bursa.
- 134 light rail cars (30 Bombardier, 60 Durmazlar, 44 Siemens)
- 18 Durmazlar sets
A new 8.5-km-long tram line is under construction between Kent Meydani and main bus station. Construction works started in June 2015 and expected to be completed in 800 days.
- T2 – Kent Meydanı-Bus Terminal-Dosab tram: Line is expected to be commissioned in second half of 2018.
There are two metro and one suburban line projects in Bursa. 22-km-long Balat-Gemlik suburban line is expected to be a part of freigh rail project connecting to Bursa high speed line.
- Balat-Gemlik suburban service: The trains will run on Bursa-Gemlik line which is planned to be constructed by TCDD.
- Osmangazi metro: 6.2 km long
- Yildirim metro: 7 km long
Categories: Urban Transport