- 1998Preliminary analysis completed.
- 2000Avrasyaconsult awarded for consultancy.
- May 2004Taisei/Kumagei-Gama-Nurol awarded for construction of Bosphorus tunnel. Construction started on May 9, 2004. Target date: Jan 2009.
- Oct 16, 2008Hyundai Rotem awarded for 440-cars-tender of Marmaray (€ 520 mn).
- Mar 8, 2011Five offers delivered for second phase of Marmaray (surface lines). Best offer from OHL-Dimetronic (€ 1.04 bn).
- Oct 26, 2011Contract inked. Target date: June 2015.
- April 29, 2012Suburban service suspended on Pendik-Gebze stretch.
- March 1, 2013Suburban service suspended on Kazlicesme-Halkali stretch.
- June 19, 2013Suburban service suspended on Haydarpasa-Pendik stretch.
- Aug 4, 2013First test run through Marmaray tunnel.
- Oct 29, 2013Suburban service started between Ayrilikcesmesi-Kazlicesme through Bosphorus tunnel.
- Nov 2015Agreement with OHL about new commission date. December 2017 instead of June 2015.
- Aug 2016Completion rate of 2nd phase was announced as 39.65%. Target commission date updated: 10 Feb 2018.
- Jan 2017Kalyon-Kolin-Cengiz consortium restarted the construction works as subcontractor.
- Oct 2017Deadline announced for rail laying as Aug 2018, signalization as Sep 2018 and tests as December 2018. Commercial service is expected to start in December 2018.
- May 23, 2018The first test run on Halkali-Kazlicesme stretch is done.
- Sep 21, 2018Test run done in Asian part of the project, between Pendik and Feneryolu.
- Oct 2018Port of ancient city Khalkedon is discovered during renewal works of Haydarpasa train station, which is planned to be used as main departure station for HSTs at Asian side of Istanbul.
- Oct 2018Ridership in Marmaray reached 295 mn in 5 years.
- Nov 2018Turhan: Deadline is 2019 1Q for Marmaray, end of 2019 for Ankara-Sivas YHT, 2020 for Ankara-Usak YHT and 2021 for Usak-Izmir YHT.
- Dec 13, 2018The project to be commissioned in next 100 days are reported as Halkali-Gebze railway (Marmaray), Konya HST station and Samsun-Kalin railway in the action plan of Presidency.
- Mar 12, 2019The opening ceremony of Marmaray. With this opening, the suburban service will start between Gebze and Halkali, and there’ll be continuous rail connection between Europe and Asia.
- Mar 13, 2019Marmaray suburban trains start running between Gebze and Halkali. The high speed trains will call at Bostanci, Sogutlucesme, Bakirkoy and Halkali in Istanbul.
- Mar 20, 20193.3 mn passengers used Marmaray suburban trains in first week after opening.
- Mar 21, 2019First international trains passed through Marmaray. The passenger train set that’ll run between Baku and Ankara departed from Halkali, passed through Marmaray tunnel and continued to Baku.
Pages: 1 2
Categories: Railway Infrastructure