- 1993Turkey-Armenia border crossing is closed.
- Jan 2005Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey agreed for a new railway connection.
- Nov 2007Kick off ceremony at Marabda (Tiflis) by participation of presidents of three countries.
- May 2008Özgün Yapı & Çelikler consortium is awarded for Kars-Akhalkalaki stretch. Deadline is 700 days.
- Jul 2008Construction works started at Kars. Target commission date was announced as 2010.
- Jun 2014Azerbijan Railways agreed with Stadler for the production of passenger coaches to run between Baku and Istanbul.
- Jan 2015First test train run on renewed Ahkalkalaki-Tblisi section.
- Jul 2017First test train run between Kars and Turkish-Georgian border.
- Oct 30, 2017First freight train on this route departed from Baku towards Mersin after a ceremony.
- Nov 4, 2017First train on Baku-Tbilisi-Kars has completed 2000-km-long route from Baku to Mersin in 5 days.
- Nov 28, 2017First train in eastward direction to Azerbaijan via Baku-Tblisi-Kars departed.
- Jun 2018Bogie exchange is succesfully tested at Akhalkalaki. The grain wagons coming from Baku continued to Kars with bogie exchange at Akhalkalaki.
- Oct 2018110k tons of freight carried with 116 trains via Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway in first year.
- Mar 29, 2019The first passenger set produced by Stadler that’ll give service on Baku-Tbilisi-Kars has reached Baku.
Pages: 1 2
Categories: Rail Freight