The scope, location, connections, targets and history of Ankara high speed train station which was constructed next to Ankara train station and was recently commissioned:
- Owner: Turkish State Railways
- Project cost: USD 235 mn
- Contractor: Cengiz – Limak – Kolin
- Commission date: 29th October 2016
Ankara suburban trains will call at station. Connected with Ankaray through pedestrian tunnel. M4 metro will call at station (under construction).
The new main station for high speed trains at Ankara. In addition to TCDD offices and service areas, there’ll be hotel, commercial areas, shopping mall, car park with 2500 car capacity, banks, VIP/CIP lounges at the station. There’ll be 3 platforms, and 6 lines in station where 12 trains can stop at the same time. Ankara high speed train station will be integrated with Ankara main train station. Thus, passengers of other passenger trains and suburban trains can easily reach to high speed train station. The station is being built by BOT method (build-operate-transfer). Contractor will operate the station during 19 years 7 months.
- Construction area: 178 000 sqm
- Station will be used by 20k passengers every day at the beginning.
- By opening of Sivas, Izmir and Bursa high speed train lines, daily passengers will reach to 50k.
- 250 high speed, passenger, suburban and freight trains will call/pass station area.
Cover photo: Jeff Hawken ©
Categories: Railway Infrastructure