- Dec 2014Kocaeli Akcaray tram project unveiled.
- Feb 12, 2015Tender for supervising and consulting of tram project.
- Mar 31, 2015Tender for construction of tram line. Deadline is 550 days.
- May 20, 2015Tender postponed to Apr 13, and then to 20 May. 12 offers received. Best offer from Adfa-Yoruk consortium (TL 111 mn).
- May 29, 2015Gulermak is awarded for tram project with the offer TL 114 mn.
- Jul 21, 2015Tender for 12 tram sets. Only offer by Durmazlar (€ 19.7 mn).
- Aug 3,2015Contract inked with Gulermak for construction of tram line.
- Oct 5, 2015Contract inked with Durmazlar for 12 tram sets.
- Mar 2016Rail laying started.
- Sep 2016Tram set of Akcaray is displayed at Innotrans.
- Mar 2017Test runs started.
- Jun 16, 2017Kocaeli’s first tram line, Otogar-Plajyolu, is commissioned. Service will be free of charge during test runs with passengers.
- Aug 1, 2017Commercial operation started.
- Nov 20171.65 mn passengers used tram in first 3 months.
- Dec 7, 2017Tender for Sekapark-Otogar tram extension project.
- Dec 25, 2017Tender opened for 6 new trams sets. 2 companies gave offer. Lowest offer is TL 45 mn by Durmazlar.
- Feb 20, 2018Engineering works started in 2.2-km-long Sekapark-Plajyolu extension project. First phase of the project will be completed in 300, second phase in 240 days.
- Oct 1, 201841 625 passengers carried in one day hitting the target of 2020. In first 14 months, 10.1 million passengers used tram.
- Oct 2018UlasimPark team developed automatic oiling system which saves 40% of cost.
- Oct 2018Extension project to stadium unveiled.
- Nov 1, 2018Kocaeli tram Akcaray carried 1 million passengers in October.
Pages: 1 2
Categories: Urban Transport