- May 2011TCDD and Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality inked MoU for 22-km-long min 4 tracks railway project called Gaziray.
- Dec 2, 2011Tender for consulting of project.
- Apr 2012SWS Engineering is awarded for consulting of the project.
- May 2013Project unveiled. 4 tracks, 15 stations, 100k daily ridership. Project is worth USD 148 mn.
- Sep 2013Application project is ready. Tender is planned in 2014.
- May 2014Another MoU is inked between TCDD and Municipality. Project is expected to start in 2014 and completed in 2 years.
- Sep 30, 2014Tender for construction of 7-km-long 5-tracks, 18-km-long 4-tracks railway with 17 stations. Deadline: 960 days.
- Jul 27, 2015Deadline for 6 companies (after preselection) to give their offers.
- Sep 1, 2016Due to objections, the deadline for giving offers postponed 12 times. Sep 1 is the final deadline.
- Jan 2017Gülermak – Kolin – Kalyon consortium is awarded for the project (TL 416 mn).
- Feb 9, 2017Tender for supervising and consulting of the project.
- May 2017Ground works started.
- Jul 2017The 5-km-long section going through city center (Gar-Stadium) is decided to be built as underpass.
- Apr 21, 2018The underpass works started with a ceremony. The 10-km-long eastern section is planned to open in early 2019.
- Jun 2018It’s announced that 10-km-long first phase will be commissioned in 2018 and rest in 2019.
- Oct 2018The video prepared by Ministry of Transport shows that laying of rails has improved fast in sections except underpass. Video link is: https://youtu.be/xE–sJ4tYn8
- Nov 13, 2018Tender for electrification and signalization of Gaziray project. Deadline is 900 days.
- Dec 3, 2018Result of tender for electrification and signalization of Gaziantep suburban train project is announced. Elsitel is the winner. Contract value is TL 189.4 mn.
Pages: 1 2
Categories: Urban Transport