Details of international train running between Halkalı and Belgrade:
Belgrade Istanbul train travel info
- Which operator operates the train? TCDD Taşımacılık, BDZ, JSC
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? Electric loco hauled passenger coaches
- What travel options I have? Couchette (4 berths)
- Any food/drink available in train? No meal service nor snack bar
- How far is it from Belgrade to Istanbul? 1050 km
- How long it takes from Belgrade to Istanbul? 18-19 hours
- How can I buy the ticket? Only at stations where international ticket desk exists
- Can I buy ticket online? No online ticket sales
- When can I buy the ticket? 60 days prior to departure
Route map of Belgrade Istanbul train
* Based on route data provided by EcoTransITWorld. Shows route roughly. The Pehlivankoy-Kapikule stretch seen on territory of Greece had changed. The new rail connection is going through Turkish territory, going towards north from Pehlivankoy via Edirne to Kapikule.
Main stations Belgrade Istanbul train calls
- Halkali train station
- Cerkezkoy train station
- Edirne train station
- Kapikule train station
- Dimitrovgrad train station
- Sofia train station
- Belgrade train station
More to know
- Halkali is far away from city center. There’s shuttle service of TCDD between Sirkeci and Halkali.
- Train passes through Kapikule/Svilengrad and Kalotina/Gradina border crossings. Bulgaria visa will be needed.
- Belgrade wagon is carried by Sofia Express between Halkali and Sofia. Then wagon is carried by another train between Sofia and Belgrade. Connection did not work well in 2017 and service ended shortly after it started.
- Check Balkan Flexipass if you are going to travel in Balkan countries by rail.