Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of international train running between Halkali and Belgrade:
This train had run for a short time and suspended.
- Which operator operates the train? TCDD Taşımacılık, BDZ, JSC
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? Electric loco hauled passenger coaches
- What travel options I have? Couchette (4 berths)
- Any food/drink available in train? No meal service nor snack bar
- How far is it from Halkali to Belgrade? 1050 km
- How long it takes from Halkali to Belgrade? 18:00 hours
* Based on route data provided by EcoTransITWorld. Shows route roughly. The Pehlivankoy-Kapikule stretch seen on territory of Greece had changed. The new rail connection is going through Turkish territory, going towards north from Pehlivankoy via Edirne to Kapikule.
Tickets on sale 60 days prior to departure
How can I buy the ticket?
|Call Center||444 82 33|
|Ticket office||Stations with international ticket desk|
It’s possible to buy tickets of Istanbul-Sofia and Sofia-Belgrade separetely. You may have to stay at Sofia one night.
Train departs from Halkali, where Marmaray suburban trains depart. It’s easy to reach station using Marmaray from any region in Istanbul.
Train passes through Kapikule/Svilengrad and Kalotina/Gradina border crossings. Bulgaria visa will be needed.
Belgrade wagon is carried by Sofia Express between Halkali and Sofia. Then wagon is carried by another train between Sofia and Belgrade. Connection did not work well in 2017 and service ended shortly after it started.
Check Balkan Flexipass if you are going to travel in Balkan countries by rail.
Some information may vary. Visit operators’ websites for official information. Please read our disclaimer.