Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of international train running between Ankara and Tehran:
As Iran border crossings are closed due to covid-19, all train services between Turkey and Iran are suspended as of 23 Feb 2020.
- Which operator operates the train? TCDD Taşımacılık, RAI
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? TCDD and RAI locos hauled passenger coaches
- What travel options I have? RAI/TCDD couchette (4 berths)
- Any food/drink available in train? Iran dining car
- How far is it from Ankara to Tehran? 2394 km
- How long it takes from Ankara to Tehran? 59:00 hours
Train departure days: Every Wednesday
Though we work hard to keep timetables up-to-date, there may be short-term delays for update. Please check official timetable of train.
Tickets on sale 60 days prior to departure
How can I buy the ticket?
|Web||transasiatrain.com and iranrail.net|
|Call Center||444 82 33 (TCDD), +90 544 818 4545 (Transasia Train)|
|Ticket office||Stations with international ticket desk|
WhatsApp support line: +90 (507) 321 82 33
For details and online tickets of main line and international train services in Iran: iranrail.net
This train was very popular among travellers. Read experiences of travellers about this train at Travel Stories.
Though bicycles are accepted in Iran trains, for this train, TCDDT wagons are used between Tatvan and Ankara, where bicycles are not accepted unless there’s luggage wagons.
Main stations this train is calling at:
Some information may vary. Visit operators’ websites for official information. Please read our disclaimer.