Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of international train running between Halkali and Bucharest:
Bosphor Express travel info
- Which operator operates the train? TCDD Taşımacılık, BDZ, CFR
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? TCDD, BDZ and CFR locos hauled passenger coaches
- What travel options I have? Couchette (4 seats/berths) + sleeper (2-3 seats/berths)
- Any food/drink available in train? No meal service nor snack bar
- How far is it from Halkali to Bucharest? 940 km
- How long it takes from Halkali to Bucharest? 17-19 hours
- How can I buy the ticket? Only at stations where international ticket desk exists
- Can I buy ticket online? No online ticket sales
- When can I buy the ticket? 60 days prior to departure
Route map of Bosphor Express
Main stations Bosphor Express calls
Bosphor Express timetable
Train departure days: Every day during summer
* As of 7/2018. Please click for official timetable.
Ticket fares of Bosphor Express
Ticket fares for Bosphor Express-Uluslararası route*:
- Couchette: 51.2 €/person
- Sleeper: 70.2 €/person (Single room surcharge: 62.6 €)
- Sleeper (3 berths): 59.2/person
* Fares are as of 7/2018 based on information at official websites.
More to know
- Train departs from Halkali, where Marmaray suburban trains depart. It’s easy to reach station using Marmaray from any region in Istanbul.
- Train passes through Kapikule/Svilengrad and Ruse/Giurgiu border crossings.
- Bucharest wagons carried by Sofia Express between Halkali and Dimitrovgrad. Then wagons are carried by another train between Dimitrovgrad and Bucharest.
- Check Balkan Flexipass if you are going to travel in Balkan countries by rail.