Train details, route map, train timetable, options, fares, sales channels and notes about international train giving service between Villach-Edirne:
In 2023, Edirne-Villach train started service on 6th of May from Villach. Last service is on 10th of November from Edirne.
- What is the operator of Optima Express? Optima Tours
- How Optima Express looks like? Optima passenger coaches and auto carriers
- How far is it between Villach-Edirne by rail? 1405 km
- How long it takes between Villach-Edirne? Around 32-37 hours
- Is reservation required for Optima Express? All seats with reservation, see on ticket
- Is accessibility provided inOptima Ekspresi? No any special design for accessibilty
- Is there food/drink service in Optima Express? Optima dining car var
- May I take bicycle with me in Optima Express? Only folding bicycles that fits luggage part over seats can be carried.
3 weekly departures between Spring and Autumn
(As of 07 Jun 2023)
Though we work hard to keep timetables up-to-date, there may be short-term delays for update. Please check official timetable of train.
- 6 people per cabin
- 4 people per cabin
- 2 people per cabin
- Cars upto 150 cm high
As of 07 Jun 2023, valid per person, based on official website of operator.
Tickets on sale within year before departure
How can I buy the ticket?
|Ticket offices||Optima agencies|
- Train departs from Austria, passes through Slovenia, Crotia, Serbia, Bulgaria and arrives Turkey (and returns back).
- There are snacks and hot/cold drinks at restaurant car.
- Edirne Train Station is in east side of city, 5 km away from city center.
- All compartments are with 6 berths, 3 berths in each side. There are several price options depending on reserving whole compartment or buying berths in 4 or 6-berth cabins.
- Different discounts applied for 0-12 old passengers depending on separete berth is requested or not.
- Different prices applied for motorbikes and cars depending on their height.
- Cars are loaded to train by driving using ramp. Car drivers are responsible to load their own cars.
Some information may vary. Visit operators’ websites for official information. Please read our disclaimer.