Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of international train running between Halkali and Sofia:
Sofia Express travel info
- Which operator operates the train? TCDD Taşımacılık, BDZ
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? Electric loco hauled passenger coaches
- What travel options I have? Couchette (4 berths) + sleeper (2 berths)
- Any food/drink available in train? Compliment package
- How far is it from Halkali to Sofia? 560 km
- How long it takes from Halkali to Sofia? 10 hours
- How can I buy the ticket? Only at stations where international ticket desk exists
- Can I buy ticket online? No online ticket sales
- When can I buy the ticket? 60 days prior to departure
Route map of Sofia Express
Main stations Sofia Express calls
Sofia Express timetable
Train departure days: Every day
* As of 3/2019. Please click for official timetable.
Ticket fares of Sofia Express
Ticket fares for Sofia Express-Uluslararası route*:
- Couchette: 28.48 €/person
- Sleeper: 33.48 €/person (Single room surcharge: 29.24 €)
* Fares are as of 3/2019 based on information at official websites.
More to know
- Train departs from Halkali, where Marmaray suburban trains depart. It’s easy to reach station using Marmaray from any region in Istanbul.
- Train passes through Kapikule/Svilengrad border crossing.
- Istanbul Sofia train guide for beginners may be helpful.
- Check Balkan Flexipass if you are going to travel in Balkan countries by rail.