Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of international train running between Halkalı and Sofia:
Sofia Express travel info
- Which operator operates the train? TCDD Taşımacılık, BDZ
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? Electric loco hauled passenger coaches
- What travel options I have? Couchette (4 berths) + sleeper (2 berths)
- Any food/drink available in train? Compliment package
- How far is it from Sofia to Istanbul? 560 km
- How long it takes from Sofia to Istanbul? 11 hours
- How can I buy the ticket? Only at stations where international ticket desk exists
- Can I buy ticket online? No online ticket sales
- When can I buy the ticket? 60 days prior to departure
Route map of Sofia Express
* Based on route data provided by EcoTransITWorld. Shows route roughly. The Pehlivankoy-Kapikule stretch seen on territory of Greece had changed. The new rail connection is going through Turkish territory, going towards north from Pehlivankoy via Edirne to Kapikule.
Main stations Sofia Express calls
- Halkali train station
- Cerkezkoy train station
- Edirne train station
- Kapikule train station
- Dimitrovgrad train station
- Sofia train station
Sofia Express timetable
Train departure days: Everyday
* As of 10/2018. Please click for official timetable.
Ticket fares of Sofia Express
Ticket fares for Sofia Express-Uluslararası route*:
- Couchette: 28.48 €/person
- Sleeper: 33.48 €/person (Single room surcharge: 29.24 €)
* Fares are as of 10/2018.
More to know
- Halkali is far away from city center. There’s shuttle service of TCDD between Sirkeci and Halkali.
- Bus connection between Istanbul and Bulgaria border ended in February 2017. Whole travel is on rail.
- Train passes through Kapikule/Svilengrad border crossing.
- Check Balkan Flexipass if you are going to travel in Balkan countries by rail.
- Read experiences of travellers about this train at Travel Stories.