Main line trains of Turkey are long distance trains on 300+ km long routes, giving daily service in both directions in most cases.
Couchettes and sleepers of overnight trains are very popular. Some are sold out in minutes as soon as tickets are on sale.
All main line train tickets can be bough online or via call center.
In 2019, a new concept was started with Touristic Dogu Express. The train has only sleepers and is calling at 2-3 stations on way for 3 trains in each, allowing passengers attending city excursions. The prices are quite high compared to other main line trains. Touristic trains are planned to be enriched.
Trains to/from Istanbul
Trains to/from Ankara
- Dogu Express (Ankara Kars train)
- Touristic Dogu Express (Ankara Kars train)
- Vangolu Express (Ankara Tatvan train)
- Guney Kurtalan Express (Ankara Kurtalan train)
- 4 Eylul Mavi (Ankara Malatya train)
Trains to/from Izmir
- Izmir Mavi (Izmir Eskisehir train)
- Konya Mavi (İzmir Konya train)
- 6 Eylul Express (Izmir Bandirma train)
- 17 Eylul Express (Bandirma Izmir train)
- Ege Express (Izmir Eskisehir train)
- Goller Express (Izmir Isparta train)
Trains to/from Adana
- Firat Express (Adana Elazig train)
- Erciyes Express (Adana Kayseri train)
- Toros Express (Adana Konya train)