The scope, location, connections, targets and history of new high speed train station under construction at Konya:
Owner: Turkish State Railways
Project cost: TL 30 mn
Duration: 450 days
Target commission date: 2018
Station is constructed on 75k sqm area with 32.5k sqm covered area. Station will have 7 lines, 3 platforms, restaurants, cafes, bank, post office, VIP/CIP lounges and car park for 117 cars.
Ankara, İstanbul, Karaman high speed trains will use this station. The new HST lines (Mersin-Gaziantep and Antalya-Nevsehir-Kayseri) will go through this station. Station will be directly connected to tram service.
Station is planned to be used by 3 mn passengers after completion of all planned HST lines.
- 24th June 2014: Preliminary qualification tender.
- Tender date postponed to August 2015, and finally to May 2016 after 9 postpones.
- 24th May 2016: Offers delivered for tender.
- 30th July 2016: Altındağ İnşaat is awarded. Project will last 450 days. Target commission date: 2017.
- 19 August 2017: Construction works started.
Cover Photo: Konya Governorship ©