The new high speed train station project for Konya.
Project Owner: TCDD (Turkish State Railways)
Project Scope: Station will have 7 lines, 3 platforms, restaurants, cafes, bank, post office, VIP/CIP lounges and car park for 117 cars.
Target Commission Date: 2017
Location: Buğdaypazarı area
Contractor: Altındağ İnşaat
Project Area: 75k sqm (32 500 sqm covered area)
Project Cost: TL 30 mn (€ 10 mn)
- Istanbul-Eskisehir-Konya high speed train
- Ankara-Konya high speed train
- Konya-Karaman high speed train (under construction)
- Konya-Karaman-Mersin-Gaziantep high speed train (planned)
- Antalya-Konya-Nevşehir-Kayseri high speed train (planned)
- Project area is 400m away from closest tram station, Kunduracilar. Tram line is 100m from project area, where a new tram station is expected to be constructed.
- 24.06.2014: Preliminary qualification tender.
- April 2015: Compulsory purchase started.
- Tender date postponed to Aug 2015, and finally to May 2016 after 9 postpones.
- March 2016: TL 20 mn of fund is secured in 2016 budget.
- 24.05.2016: Offers delivered for tender.
- 30.07.2016: Altındağ İnşaat is awarded. Project will last 450 days. Target commission date: 2017.
Cover Photo: Konya Governorship