Train details, route map, train timetable, options, fares, sales channels and notes about high speed train giving service between Istanbul-Ankara:
Meal service is suspended during pandemic.
- What is the operator of Istanbul Ankara HST? TCDD Taşımacılık
- How Istanbul Ankara HST looks like? CAF HST sets
- How far is it between Istanbul-Ankara by rail? 556 km
- How long it takes between Istanbul-Ankara? Around 5:30 hours
- Is reservation required for Istanbul Ankara HST? Reservation is not required, take any free seat
- Is accessibility provided inİstanbul Ankara YHT? No any special design for accessibilty
- Is there food/drink service in Istanbul Ankara HST? No service/buffet due to pandemic
- May I take bicycle with me in Istanbul Ankara HST? Only folding bicycles that fits luggage part over seats can be carried.
9 daily departures in each direction. #6 in Istanbul-Ankara direction, #3 in Ankara-Istanbul direction done only in Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.
(As of 20 Apr 2022)
(As of 20 Apr 2022)
Though we work hard to keep timetables up-to-date, there may be short-term delays for update. Please check official timetable of train.
- 2+2 seats
- Power in some seats
- 2+1 lux seats
- Power and LCD in each seat
As of 20 Apr 2022, valid per person, based on official website of operator. Click for discounts.
Tickets on sale 30 days before departure
How can I buy the ticket?
|Mobile||App Store or Google Play|
|Call center||444 82 33 (English available)|
|Ticket office||Train stations, agencies, PTT offices|
- High speed trains and overnight trains call at 5 stations in Istanbul. Pendik, Bostanci and Sogutlucesme in Asian side, Bakirkoy and Halkali in European side. Not all HSTs pass to the European side.
- For access to nearest HST station in Istanbul: How to get to high speed train stations in Istanbul?
- High speed trains are calling at two stations in Ankara: Eryaman and Ankara HST station. Conventional trains call at Ankara Main Station and Sincan in westbound traffic. In eastbound, they call at Ankara Main Station and Kayas.
- Click to get directions for getting to Ankara train station by public transport.
- Ankara has the most train connections among all Turkish cities. Overnight trains towards east are all departing from Ankara. There are direct trains to Kirikkale, Kayseri, Sivas, Erzincan, Erzurum, Kars, Malatya, Elazig, Mus, Diyarbakir, Batman. On west, it’s possible to travel to Konya, Eskisehir, Bilecik, Izmit and Istanbul by high speed train, to Kutahya, Balikesir, Manisa and Izmir by long distance trains: Ankara Train Station
- Train’s commercial speed is 250 km/h. However, in Istanbul and between Kosekoy-Bilecik, train moves slower (as of 2022 January).
Some information may vary. Visit operators’ websites for official information. Please read our disclaimer.