Train details, route map, train timetable, options, fares, sales channels and notes about main line train giving service between Ankara-Kars:
- What is the operator of Dogu Express? TCDD Taşımacılık
- How Dogu Express looks like? Diesel loco hauled passenger coaches
- How far is it between Ankara-Kars by rail? 1310 km
- How long it takes between Ankara-Kars? Around 26:00 hours
- Is reservation required for Dogu Express? All seats with reservation, see on ticket
- Is accessibility provided inDoğu Ekspresi? Some seats of train is reserved for travellers who need accessibility
- Is there food/drink service in Dogu Express? Dining car
- May I take bicycle with me in Dogu Express? Can be carried in luggage wagon if available.
Daily departure in each direction
|Kemaliye Çaltı||09:03||Kemaliye Çaltı||18:56|
(As of 16 Jun 2022)
Though we work hard to keep timetables up-to-date, there may be short-term delays for update. Please check official timetable of train.
- 2+1 seats
- 2 double-deck berths for 4
- Power in rooms
As of 16 Jun 2022, valid per person, based on official website of operator. Click for discounts.
Tickets on sale 30 days before departure
How can I buy the ticket?
|Mobile||App Store or Google Play|
|Call center||444 82 33 (English available)|
|Ticket office||Train stations, agencies, PTT offices|
- There are two trains on this route with similar names. Dogu Express, the classic one, has standard coach with seats and couchettes. It calls at almost every station on route. Touristic Dogu Express, on the other hand, has only sleepers, and gives 2-3 excursion breaks of 3 hours each on way. For comparison of two trains: Which Dogu Express: Classic or touristic?
- This train is one of the most popular trains Turkey. It’s very hard to find tickets, sold out in minutes. But cancellation is also common, better to check frequently.
- Several companies organize tours including travel with this train. Tours use train in one direction and plane in opposite, organizing excursions to hostorical destinations in region.
- Click to get directions for getting to Ankara train station by public transport.
- During winter, sleigh tours are held on frozen Lake Cildir. There are many shops in city where you can taste and buy worldwide known Kars gruyere.
- Ani Harabeleri is 45 on east of Kars, next to Armenia-Turkey border: How to get to Ani Ruins by train?
Some information may vary. Visit operators’ websites for official information. Please read our disclaimer.