Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of main line train running between Ankara and Kars:
Dogu Express travel info
- Which operator operates the train? TCDD Taşımacılık
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? Diesel loco hauled passenger coaches
- What travel options I have? Pulman (2+1 seats) + couchette (4 berths)
- Any food/drink available in train? Dining car
- How far is it from Ankara to Kars? 1310 km
- How long it takes from Ankara to Kars? 24:00 hours
- How can I buy the ticket? All sales channels (Internet, mobile applications, call center, stations and tourism agencies)
- Can I buy ticket online? Online ticket available
- When can I buy the ticket? 30 days prior to departure
Route map of Dogu Express
Main stations Dogu Express calls
Dogu Express timetable
Train departure days: Everyday
* As of 6/2019. Please click for official timetable.
Ticket fares of Dogu Express
Ticket fares for Dogu Express-Ana hat route*:
- Standard seat: 47 TL/person
- Couchette: 63.5 TL/person
Click for general discounts
* Fares are as of 6/2019 based on information at official websites.
More to know
- Ankara train station where all conventional trains depart and Ankara high speed train station where all HSTs depart, are next to each other. There’s overpass in between for passengers.
- New train has started on this route for the ones who’d like to travel in sleepers: Touristic Dogu Express.
- You should visit Ani ruins when you are at Kars.
- Read public transport alternative to Ankara train station at How to get to high speed train station at Ankara?.