Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of main line train running between Ankara and Kars:
Dogu Express travel info
- Which operator operates the train? TCDD Taşımacılık
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? Diesel loco hauled passenger coaches
- What travel options I have? Pulman (2+1 seats) + couchette (4 berths) + sleeper (2 berths)
- Any food/drink available in train? Dining car
- How far is it from Ankara to Kars? 1310 km
- How long it takes from Ankara to Kars? 24:20 hours
- How can I buy the ticket? All sales channels (Internet, mobile applications, call center, stations and tourism agencies)
- Can I buy ticket online? Online ticket available
- When can I buy the ticket? 30 days prior to departure
Route map of Dogu Express
* Based on route data provided by EcoTransITWorld. There may be some changes on route.
Main stations Dogu Express calls
- Ankara high speed train station
- Kayseri train station
- Sivas train station
- Cetinkaya train station
- Erzincan train station
- Erzurum train station
- Kars train station
Dogu Express timetable
Train departure days: Everyday
* As of 12/2018. Please click for official timetable.
Ticket fares of Dogu Express
Ticket fares for Dogu Express-Ana hat route*:
- Standard seat: 47 TL/person
- Couchette: 63.5 TL/person
- Sleeper: 117 TL/person (Single room surcharge: 70 TL)
Click for general discounts
* Fares are as of 12/2018 based on information at official websites.
More to know
- Ankara train station where all passenger trains to east departs,and Ankara high speed train station where all high speed trains to west departs, are next to each other. There’s overpass in between for passengers.
- Dogu Express is the most popular train in Turkey, thus followed by tour operators. Sleepers and couchettes are sold out very fast. How to find ticket for Dogu Express sleeper?
- You should visit Ani ruins when you are at Kars.
- Read public transport alternative to Ankara train station at How to get to high speed train station at Ankara?.
- Read experiences of travellers about this train at Travel Stories.