The scope, rotue, stops, phases and history of Bursa-Osmaneli high speed train line which is under construction:
- Owner: Turkish State Railways
- Project cost: TL 6 bn
- Contractor: Cengiz (Bursa-Yenisehir section – groundworks)
- Target commission date: 2021
- Osmaneli-Yenisehir (50 km): Tender process started.
- Yenisehir-Golbasi-Bursa (56 km): Construction works continue.
- Bursa-Bandirma (93 km): Preliminary analysis not done yet.
Osmaneli (connection to İstanbul-Ankara and İstanbul-Konya trains) – Yenisehir airport – Balat, Bursa
The double-lane, electrified high speed line (max 200 km/h of speed) starting from Bursa and connects to Istanbul-Ankara very high speed line through Yenice. The line will also allow freight trains. Hence, one of the leading industrial zones of Turkey, Bursa, will be connected by rail.
- Line length: 95 km
- Travel time: Ankara-Bursa: 130 İstanbul-Bursa: 135 min
Cover photo: Bursa Büyükşehir Belediyesi ©
Categories: Railway Infrastructure