The scope, rotue, stops, phases and history of Bursa-Osmaneli high speed train line which is under construction:
Owner: Turkish State Railways
Project cost: TL 1.3 bn (Bursa-Yenisehir section – groundworks)
Contractor: Cengiz (Bursa-Yenisehir section – groundworks)
Target commission date: 2019
- Osmaneli-Yenişehir (41 km): Preliminary analysis continue.
- Yenişehir-Bursa (54 km): Construction works continue.
- Bursa-Bandırma (90 km): This section was declared at the beginning, but is not even shown in the plans of TCDD anymore.
The double-lane, electrified high speed line (max 200 km/h of speed) starting from Bursa and connects to Istanbul-Ankara very high speed line through Yenice. The line will also allow freight trains. Hence, one of the leading industrial zones of Turkey, Bursa, will be connected by rail.
Line length: 95 km
Travel time: Ankara-Bursa: 130 İstanbul-Bursa: 135 min
Osmaneli (connection to İstanbul-Ankara and İstanbul-Konya trains) – Yenişehir – Bursa
- 2008: In investment plans.
- May 2012: Construction works started in Bursa-Yenisehir section.
- 2014: Alternative routes discussed for Yenisehir-Osmaneli section and Osmaneli is decided as the pont of connecting to Istanbul-Ankara very high speed line.
- Mar 2015: Offers accepted for preliminary analysis of Yenisehir-Osmaneli section.
- Mar 2017: Ofers opened to complete ground works of Bursa-Yenisehir section. Best offer belongs to Cengiz Insaat (TL 891 mn).
Cover Photo: Bursa Metropolitan Municipality ©