The scope, route, stops, phases and history of Ankara-Sivas very high speed line under construction:
Owner: Turkish State Railways
Project cost: TL 2.8 bn
Contractor: China Major Bridge Engineering – Cengiz – Limak – Kolin (Yerköy-Sivas), Kolin-Cengiz-Limak-Mapa (Kırıkkale-Yerköy), Doğuş (Elmadağ viaducts)
Target commission date: 2018
- 1st phase: Yerköy-Sivas (253 km)
- 2nd phase: Kırıkkale-Yerköy (79 km)
- 3rd phase: Kayaş-Kırıkkale (62 km)
- 4th phase: Ankara-Kayaş (12 km)
The line starts from Ankara. Only passenger trains will run upto 250 km/h on this double-lane, electrified rail. Line has 7 tunnels 9.5-km-long and 6 viaducts 3.5-km-long.
Line length: 406 km
Travel time: Ankara-Sivas: 120 İstanbul-Sivas:300 min
Ankara – Kayaş – Elmadağ – Irmak – Yahşihan – Kırıkkale – Balışeyh – Sekili – Yerköy – Yozgat – Sorgun – Doğankent – Yavu – Yıldızeli – Kalın – Sivas
- 2004: Route survey started.
- May 2008: Tender for groundwork of Yerkoy-Sivas section done. Best offer is USD 839 mn (China Major Bridge Engineering – Cengiz – Limak – Kolin).
- Sep 2012: Offers given for Kayas-Kirikkale section (best offer is TL 675 mn TL).
- Jan 2016: Kolin-Cengiz-Limak-Mapa awarded for groundwork of Kirikkale -Yerkoy section (TL 398 mn).
- Feb 2014: Contract inked with Dogus Insaat for Elmadag viaducts.
- April 2014: Tender opened for groundwork of Kayas-Elmadag and Elmadag-Kirikkale sections.
- Feb 2015: Route of railway in Sivas city center changed.
- Sep 2015: Offers given for groundwork of Kayas-Elmadag ve Elmadag-Kirikkale sections.
Cover Photo: Cengiz İnşaat ©