All details of Ankara-Sivas very high speed line which is now under construction.
- Ankara (0 km)
- Kirikkale (74 km – plans for connection to Corum-Samsun)
- Yerkoy (153 km – plans for connection to Kayseri)
- Sivas (406 km – plans for connection to Erzincan and Malatya)
- 406 km
- Max speed: 250km/h
- Double lines, electrified (25 kV, 50 Hz AC)
- Standard railway gauge (1435 mm)
- Min radius: 3500 m
- Max gradient %1,8
- 7 tunnels (9.5 km long in total), 6 viaducts (3.5 km long in total)
- Travel time (planned)
- Ankara-Sivas: 2 hr
- Istanbul-Sivas: 5 hr
Last Status (As of 20/2015)
Groundwork are planned in 9 sections. Further steps wait for completion of groundwork, thus laying of rail lines, electrification and signalization works have not started.
- Ankara-Kayas (12 km) : To be handled in Ankara Suburban Project (Baskentray).
- Kayas-Kirıkkale (62 km) : 4 viaducts are being constructed. For the remaining groundwork, two tenders opened (Kayas-Elmadag and Elmadag-Kirikkale sections) on 09/2015. 23% of groundwork has been completed.
- Kırıkkale-Yerkoy (79 km) : 80% of groundwork has been completed.
- Yerkoy-Sivas (253 km) : Groundwork continue in 5 separate sections. Two of them with total length of 144 km have been completed. Others are as follows:
- Section 1 (50 km) : 80% of groundwork has been completed.
- Section 2 (31 km) : 15% of groundwork has been completed.
- Section 3 (28 km) : 50% of groundwork has been completed.
Ownership and Cost
- TCDD is the owner of the project.
- Took place in Government Investment Budget in 2007.
- Planned to cost TL 840 mn (€ 260 mn) and finish at 2012
- Kayas-Yerkoy preliminary analysis renewed to speed up the train on this section
- TL 2.1 bn spent until the end of 2014. 2015 budget is TL 400 mn.
- Expected to be completed in second half of 2018 with a cost of TL 2,8 bn.
- 2004 – Route survey started
- 2007 – Preliminary analysis completed
- 2008 – Added to investment plans
- 05.2008 – Tender for groundwork of Yerkoy-Sivas section done. Best offer is USD 839 mn (China Major Bridge Engineering – Cengiz – Limak – Kolin)
- 11.2008 – Construction works for Yerkoy-Sivas started
- 2010 – Construction works in Yerkoy-Sivas section stopped due to changes in project
- 2010 – Plans for Kayas-Yerkoy section changed
- 06.2012 – Tender for completion of groundwork in three sections of Yerkoy-Sivas
- 09.2012 – Offers given for Kayas-Kirikkale section (best offer is TL 675 mn TL)
- 01.2013 – Kolin-Cengiz-Limak-Mapa awarded for groundwork of Kirikkale -Yerkoy section (TL 398 mn)
- 03.2013 – Tender opened for Elmadag viaducts
- 02.2014 – Contract inked with Dogus Insaat for Elmadag viaducts
- 04.2014 – Tender opened for groundwork of Kayas-Elmadag and Elmadag-Kirikkale sections
- 02.2015 – Route of railway in Sivas city center changed
- 09.2015 – Offers given for groundwork of Kayas-Elmadag ve Elmadag-Kirikkale sections
- 10.2016 – Tender for over-ground works for Yerkoy-Sivas section.