The scope, route, stops, phases and history of Ankara-Sivas very high speed line under construction:
Below post was prepared in 2015. Please check our new article about up-to-date and detailed information about Ankara Sivas high speed line.
- Owner: Turkish State Railways
- Project cost: TL 2.8 bn
- Contractor: China Major Bridge Engineering – Cengiz – Limak – Kolin (Yerköy-Sivas), Kolin-Cengiz-Limak-Mapa (Kırıkkale-Yerköy), Doğuş (Elmadağ viaducts)
- Target commission date: 2019
- 1st phase: Yerköy-Sivas (253 km)
- 2nd phase: Kırıkkale-Yerköy (79 km)
- 3rd phase: Kayaş-Kırıkkale (62 km)
- 4th phase: Ankara-Kayaş (12 km)
Ankara – Kirikkale – Delice – Yerkoy – Yozgat – Akdagmagdeni – Sivas
The line starts from Ankara. Only passenger trains will run upto 250 km/h on this double-lane, electrified rail. Line has 7 tunnels 9.5-km-long and 6 viaducts 3.5-km-long.
- Line length: 406 km
- Travel time: Ankara-Sivas: 120; İstanbul-Sivas: 300 min
Cover photo: Cengiz İnşaat ©
Categories: Railway Infrastructure
Interesting that the Ankara-Kayaş section is to be part of the Başkentray project BUT why wasn’t any work done on this project when the Ankara Banliyö was shut long for a very long period a few years ago? A perfect opportunity wasted. Now travellers will have to be inconvnienced once again.