The scope, route, stops, phases, targets and history of Ankara-Izmit very high speed line under construction:
Below post was prepared in 2016. Please check our new article about up-to-date and detailed information about Ankara Izmir high speed line.
- Owner: Turkish State Railways
- Project cost: TL 4.5 bn
- Contractor: Sigma-YDA-Makimsan-Burkay (Yenice-Afyonkarahisar), Tekfen-Doğuş (Afyonkarahisar-Banaz)
- Target commission date: 2019 (Polatlı-Uşak), 2020 (Uşak-İzmir)
- 1st phase: Yenice-Eşme
- 2nd phase: Eşme-Manisa
Polatli (connection to Istanbul, Konya and Ankara trains) – Afyonkarahisar (connection to Antalya HST projected) – Usak – Salihli – Turgutlu – Manisa – Izmir (main line and regional northbound and southbound trains)
The line starts from Yenice on Polatli-Konya HST line. Only passenger trains will run upto 250 km/h on this double-lane, electrified rail. High speed trains will use conventional line between Manisa and Izmir.
- Line length: Polatlı-İzmir: 508 km
- Travel time: Ankara-İzmir: 210; Ankara-Afyon: 90 min
- 6 million passengers annually
Cover photo: TCDD ©
Categories: Railway Infrastructure