All details of Ankara-Izmir very high speed line which is now under construction.
- Polatli (0 km – İstanbul-Ankara hızlı tren bağlantısı)
- Split from Polatli-Konya line (27 km)
- Afyonkarahisar (194 km)
- Banaz (270 km)
- Manisa (535 km)
- Menemen (570 km)
- 570 km
- Max speed: 250km/h
- Double lines, electrified (25 kV, 50 Hz AC)
- Standard railway gauge (1435 mm)
- Travel time (planned)
- Ankara-Afyonkarahisar: 1 hr 30 min
- Ankara-Izmir: 2 hr 30 min
Last Status (As of May 2016)
- Polatli-Afyonkarahisar (162 km): Under construction. Started in September 2013. Expected to be completed in 1080 days.
- Afyonkarahisar-Banaz (76 km): Tender for engineering works has just completed. Expected to be completed in 36 months.
- Banaz-Esme: Next step: Tender for engineering works.
- Esme-Salihli: Preliminary analysis continue. Environmental evaluation process restarted in November 2014 due to change in project.
- Salihli-Manisa: Preliminary analysis continue.
- Manisa-Menemen (35 km): Current single line will be improved to 4 lines. Project is ready. Involved in investment program in 2012. Construction works not started
- Menemen (Izmir)
Ownership and Cost
- TCDD is the owner of the project.
- Took place in Government Investment Budget in 2007.
- TL 243 mn spent until the end of 2015. 2016 budget is TL 633 mn.
- Planned to cost TL 4.5 bn (€ 1.5 bn) and completed in 2019 (Manisa-Menemen section is not included in this cost)
- Ridership is expected to reach to 6 mn/year.
- 2007 – Added to investment plans
- 28 December 2011 – Tender for Polatli-Afyonkarahisar section opened. Sigma-YDA-Makimsan-Burkay consortium was awarded. Offer was TL 714 mn. Contract period 1080 days.
- 23 February 2012 – Tumas was awarded for preliminary analysis tender for Afyon-Esme section. Contract period 3 months.
- May 2012 – Compulsory purchase started for Polatli-Afyonkarahisar section.
- 25 February 2013 – Protek and Megawas consortium was awarded for preliminary analysis tender for Salihli-Manisa section.
- 8 March 2013 – SWS was awarded for preliminary analysis tender for Esme-Salihli section.
- 21 September 2013 – Kick off ceremony of engineering works of Polatli-Afyonkarahisar section.
- May 2016 – Tekfen-Dogus consortium was awarded for engineering works of Afyonkarahisar-Banaz section and Afyonkarahisar pass. Offer was TL 879 mn. Contract period 36 months.
- August 2016 – Compulsory purchase started for Salihli-Manisa phase. This includes “North Manisa pass” as well.
- 29 August 2016 – It’s stated that, construction works continue on 132-km of 162-km-long Polatli-Afyon section. Compulsory purchase started on the rest of 30-km section. A completion rate of 26% is achieved until now on Polatli-Afyon section. Commisionning of this section is planned in 2018.