The scope, route, statistics and history of Ankara Kecioren metro:
Owner: Transport Ministry
Project cost: TL 274.6 mn
Duration: 850 days
Target commission date: 2016
Commission date: 5 Ocak 2017
- Gazino-AKM: 9.2 km (commissioned in Jan 2017)
- AKM-Kızılay: 3.5 km (under construction, expected to be commissioned in 2017)
- Dutluk-Çubuklu: 27 km (will go thorugh Pursaklar, expo and airport)
Line length: 9.2 km
Travel time: 16 min
Gazino – Dutluk – Kuyubaşı – Mecidiye – Belediye – Meteoroloji – Dışkapı – Aski – Atatürk Kültür Merkezi (connection to Kızılay-Batıkent metro)
- Target is 356k daily ridership.
- There’s a plan to extend the line till airport.
CRRC (10 sets , 60 cars)
- July 2003: Construction works started.
- April 2011 – Project taken over by Transport Ministry.
- December 2011: Tender opened and in February 2012 contract signed (contract period 850 days).
- 1st Sep 2016: Test runs started on Gazino-AKM section. Extension project to Ankara Airport announced.
- 5th Jan 2017: Gazino-AKM section started commercial service.
Cover Photo: V. ©