The scope, route, stops, connections and history of Kirazli-Halkali metro under construction at Istanbul:
- Owner: Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
- Contractor: Makyol-Astur-IC Ictas-Kalyon (construction + electromechanic)
- Contract date: 4/2017
- Contract duration: 1080 days
- Contract deadline: 3/2020
- Contract value: TL 2.4 bn
Kirazlı (Bakırköy-Kirazlı-Başakşehir/Olimpiyat Parkı metro) – Barbaros – Malazgirt – Mimar Sinan (Halkalı-İstanbul Airport metro) – Fatih – Halkalı Merkez – Hastane – Toplu Konut – Yarımburgaz – Halkalı (Marmaray)
This line will be extension of Yenikapi-Kirazli metro line. Rolling stock will be driverless. Yenikapi-Kirazli section will be modernized as driverless as well.
There’ll be 9 statitions, 6 of which will be underground, 2 will be partially underground and 1 will be on viaduct.
- Line length: 9.7 km
- Travel time: 15 min
Cover photo: İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi ©
Categories: Urban Transport