The modernization of Ankara suburban service by constructing separate tracks for suburban, high speed and other trains.
By the completion of project, there will be;
- 5 tracks between Sincan and Behiçbey (16 km). 2 for suburban trains, 2 for high speed trains, 1 for conventional trains.
- 6 tracks between Behicbey and Ankara (9 km). 2 for suburban trains, 2 for high speed trains, 2 for conventional trains.
- 4 tracks between Ankara and Kayas (12 km). 2 for suburban trains, 1 for high speed trains, 1 for conventional trains.
All stations will be redesigned in metro standard.
|Last train to Ankara Station on 10th of July|
Project owner: TCDD
Contractor : Gulermak-Kolin
Length: 37 km
Planned commission date: December 2017
- Motor Fabrikasi
- Gazi Mahallesi
- Ankara Gari (Ankara Main Train Station)
Travel time: 53 min
Project cost: TL 1 155 567 000 (€ 350 mn)
- Kecioren metro (M4) at Ankara Gari (Ankara Main Train Station) (under construction)
- Ankaray at Ankara Gari (Ankara Main Train Station)
- Batikent metro (M1) at Yenisehir Station
- Ankaray at Kurtulus Station
|Urban Transport by Rail in Ankara|
- 1 Aug 2011: Suburban service suspended
- 25 Apr 2012: Tender for Baskentray Project done. Best offer from Gulermak-Kolin (€ 186.2 mn).
- May 2013: Tender cancelled due to objections.
- 29 Jul 2013: Suburban service restarted after partial engineering works on line.
- Mar 2016: Objections and cancellation of tender withdrawn.
- 11 Jul 2016: Engineering works to start. Deadline: December 2017
Cover Photo: Hyundai Rotem