The scope, route, stops, targets and history of modernization project of Samsun-Kalin railway:
- Owner: Ministry of Transport/Turkish State Railways (TCDD)
- Contractor: Çelikler-Gülermak-AZD Praha
- Contract date: 6/2015
- Contract duration: 900 days
- Contract deadline: 12/2017
- Contract value: EUR 258.8 mn
Samsun (Connection to Samsun port) – Ladik – Havza – Amasya – Kalın (connection to other passenger trains)
Modernization and signalization of railway connecting Samsun to national rail network. Railway will have max curve radius of 196 meter and axle weight of 22.5 to. Max speed will be 120 km/h. There’ll be 47 tunnels 7.3 km long in total. All level-crossings to be equipped by barriers.
- Line length: 378 km
- Travel time: 300 min
- Travel time to drop from 9 hours to 5 hours. Capacity of line to increase from 21 train to 54 train.
- Ridership to double (from 95 mn passenger-km to 168 mn passgenger-km).
- Freight to increase by 30% (from 657 mn ton-km to 867 mn ton-km).
Cover Photo: Onur Uysal ©
Categories: Railway Infrastructure