The renewal project of Samsun-Kalin railway section, which is connecting Samsun Port at Black Sea to Central Anatolia. Samsun Kalin railway project is the biggest project done with EU funds out of EU region.
Project owner: Transport Ministry/Turkish State Railways (TCDD)
Contractor: Çelikler & Gülermak & AZD Praha Consortium
Target commission date: 10 December 2017
- Max speed: 120 km/h
- Maks curve radius: 196 m
- 47 tunnels (7.3 km long in total)
- Axle load: 20 to
- Min/max altitude: 3/1480 meter
- Samsun – Sivas regional express
- Samsun-Amasya regional express
- Amasya-Havza raybus
|Samsun-Kalin Railway to Close|
- Samsun: Samsun-Kavkaz rail ferry
Travel time: 5 hours
- Travel time to drop from 9 hours to 5 hours
- Capacity of line to increase from 21 train to 54 train
- Ridership to double (from 95 mn passenger-km to 168 mn passgenger-km)
- Freight to increase by 30% (from 657 mn ton-km to 867 mn ton-km)
- All level-crossings to be equipped by barriers
Project cost: € 258,8 mn
- 21 July 2014 – Project announced. Last date for offers is 3 November 2014.
- 2015 – Included in investment budget.
- 20 January 2015 – Offers received. Best offer from Çelikler & Gülermak & AZD Praha Consortium (€ 258.8 mn).
- 12 June 2015 – Contract inked. Contract period 900 days. Commission date 10 December 2017.
- 31 July 2015 – Kick off.
- 28 September 2015 – Railway section closed for traffic.
Cover Photo: Çelikler Gülermak AZD Consortium