The high speed line between Gebze and Halkali connecting all high speed trains from all over Turkey to European side of Istanbul via 3rd Bridge and two airports of Istanbul.
Project owner: TCDD
The high speed line will start from Gebze, pass through Sabiha Gokcen Airport in Asian side, 3rd Bridge (Yavuz Sultan Selim) on Bosphorus, 3rd Airport of Istanbul in European side (under construction) and reach to Halkali.
It’s not decided yet if freight trains can use this line or not.
The line is also expected to be used for city connections (from Gebze and Halkali) and between two airports.
Contractor: Tender has not announced yet. Preliminary analysis continue.
Length: 152 km (approximately)
Target commission date: 2018
- Gebze-Sabiha Gökçen-3rd Airport-Halkalı (expected)
|High Speed Lines of Turkey – The Complete Guide|
- 3rd Airport
- Mecidiyeköy-3rd Airport metro (planned)
- Sabiha Gökçen
- Sabiha Gökçen-Kaynarca metro (under construction)
Travel time: 1 hour (expected)
Project cost: –
- October 2015 – Invitation sent to selected companies for preliminary analysis.
- 24 November 2015 – Tender for preliminary analysis.
- 26 August 2016 – 3rd Bridge and road connections commissioned.
Cover Photo: ICA