The scope, route, stops, connections and history of Gebze-3rd Airport-Halkali high speed train line which will connect two sides of Istanbul, two airports of Istanbul, Halkali and Gebze:
- Owner: Turkish State Railways
- Project cost: TL 4.9 bn (1st phase)
- Contractor: Tender has not opened yet.
- 1st phase: Gebze-Sabiha Gökçen airport-Yavuz Sultan Selim bridge (62 km)
- 2nd phase: Yavuz Sultan Selim bridge-3nd airport
- 3rd phase: 3. airport-Halkalı
Halkalı (Connection to Marmaray, Halkalı-Kirazlı metro and international passenger trains) – 3. airport (Connection to Mecidiyeköy-Göktürk-Airport metro) – Sabiha Gökçen Airport (Connection to Sabiha Gökçen-Kaynarca metro) – Pendik – Gebze (Connection to Marmaray, Gebze-Darıca tram and passenger trains)
High speed trains will reach to European side with this line. It’s not clear if the line will be used by freight trains or not. The transportation between two airports of Istanbul will be through this line.
- Line length: 152 km
- Travel time: 60 min
Cover photo: ICA ©
Categories: Railway Infrastructure