The scope, route, stops, connections and history of Gebze-3rd Airport-Halkali high speed train line which will connect two sides of Istanbul, two airports of Istanbul, Halkali and Gebze:
- Owner: TCDD
- Project cost: Preliminary analysis continue.
- Contractor: Tender has not opened yet.
- Duration: – days
- Target commission date: –
- Scope: High speed trains will reach to European side with this line. It’s not clear if the line will be used by freight trains or not. The transportation between two airports of Istanbul will be through this line.
- Line length: 152 km
- Travel time: 60 min
Stops & connections
Halkalı (Connection to Marmaray, Halkalı-Kirazlı metro and international passenger trains) – 3. airport (Connection to Mecidiyeköy-Göktürk-Airport metro) – Sabiha Gökçen Airport (Connection to Sabiha Gökçen-Kaynarca metro) – Gebze (Connection to Marmaray, Gebze-Darıca tram and passenger trains)
- October 2015 – Invitation send to companies for preliminary analysis.
- 24 November 2015 – Tender for preliminary analysis.
- 26 August 2016 – 3rd Bosphorus bridge and road connections opened.
- February 2017: Environmental impacts analysis started.
Cover Photo: ICA ©