22.5 axle load limit becomes widespread in Turkey.
One of the important results of renewal of rail network is the new standard in axle load. 22.5 to/axle was limited with Kapikule-Istanbul-Ankara line in 2005. Now 22.5 to becomes almost the standard.
Here below are the exceptions which have lower axle limits:
- Yolçatı-Tatvan-Van-Kapıköy (20 to)
- Yolçatı-Diyarbakır-Batman-Kurtalan (20 to)
- Narlı-Gaziantep-Mardin-Nusaybin (20 to, closed after Gaziantep)
- Fevzipaşa-Tahtaköprü (20 to)
- Manisa-Dumlupınar (20 to)
- Karakuyu-Burdur-Isparta (20 tn)
- Sütlaç-Çivril (20 to)
- Ortaklar-Söke (20 to)
- Mandıra-Kırklareli (13 to)
- Samsun-Kalın (20 to, under construction for renewal)
Cover Photo: Eksper Rail ©