Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of main line train running between Ankara and Kars:
This train service is suspended due to Covid-19.
- Which operator operates the train? TCDD Taşımacılık
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? Diesel loco hauled passenger coaches
- What travel options I have? Sleeper (2 berths)
- Any food/drink available in train? Dining car
- How far is it from Ankara to Kars? 1310 km
- How long it takes from Ankara to Kars? 30:40 hours
Train departure days: Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from Ankara, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from Kars
Click for general discounts
Tickets on sale 60 days prior to departure
How can I buy the ticket?
|Mobile||App Store or Google Play|
|Call Center||444 82 33 (English available)|
|Ticket Offices||Train tations, tourism agencies, PTT offices|
WhatsApp support line: +90 (507) 321 82 33
Ankara train station where all conventional trains depart and Ankara high speed train station where all HSTs depart, are next to each other. There’s overpass in between for passengers.
Train calls at some stations for long times for excursions. For details and fares of excursions, you can get in contact with the staff in the train.
You should visit Ani ruins when you are at Kars.
Main stations this train is calling at:
Some information may vary. Visit operators’ websites for official information. Please read our disclaimer.