Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of main line train running between Izmir (Basmane) and Balikesir:
Ege Express travel info
- Which operator operates the train? TCDD Taşımacılık
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? DMU (diesel multiple unit)
- What travel options I have? 2+2 seats
- Any food/drink available in train? No meal service nor snack bar
- How far is it from Izmir (Basmane) to Balikesir? 240 km
- How long it takes from Izmir (Basmane) to Balikesir? 5 hours
- How can I buy the ticket? All sales channels (Internet, mobile applications, call center, stations and tourism agencies)
- Can I buy ticket online? Online ticket available
- When can I buy the ticket? 30 days prior to departure
Route map of Ege Express
* Based on route data provided by EcoTransITWorld. There may be some changes on route.
Main stations Ege Express calls
Ege Express timetable
Train departure days: Everyday
* As of 12/2018. Please click for official timetable.
Ticket fares of Ege Express
Ticket fares for Ege Express-Ana hat route*:
- Standard seat: 18 TL/person
Click for general discounts
* Fares are as of 12/2018 based on information at official websites.
More to know
- Alternate trains on Izmir-Balikesir route: 6 Eylul, 17 Eylul, Ege and Izmir Mavi. Izmir Mavi has sleeper option.
- Main line/regional train connections in southward direction from Izmir. You can get to Ephesus and Pamukkale by train as well.