We are about to complete an active year for railways in Turkey.
Here are the highlights of 2014:
- Most important progress for rail logistics was the reconnection of Europe and Asia after 2 years of closure.
- One of the 18 logistic centers planned by TCDD was opened in Eskisehir.
- Eurasia Rail 2014 opened its doors in Istanbul with almost 300 participants on March.
- Containers can go till customs without any additional process in Balo Trains by T1/T2 documents.
- Global Multimodal had started container service by sea+rail vial Constanta, and ended after a few months.
- Tender for privatization of Derince Port was completed, but takeover has not been done yet.
- Freight service between Europe and Asia had started by opening of Tekirdag-Derince ferry and Derince-Bilecik line.
- Trailer trains from Trieste connected with Ro-Ro service grew very fastly.
- IFB stopped running container trains to Turkey.
- Ulusoy Logistics started the first trailer train to/from Turkey.
- Istanbul Ankara high speed train service started with 6 departures in each direction.
- A number of automotive companies had organized trial car trains to Turkey.
- Nusaybin-Gaziantep railway was closed to railway traffic due to war in Syria.
- World’s biggest railway fair, Innotrans, opened its doors. 37 companies and 4 railway cars from Turkey were there.
- A number of private train tours were held through Turkey. Danube Express was the most famous one.
- Istanbul Konya high speed train service started. 2 departures in both directions every day.
Categories: Railway Events