The scope, route, stops, connection and history of Kabatas-Mecidiyekoy-Mahmutbey (M7) metro which is under construction at Istanbul:
Owner: Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
Project cost: TL 3.56 bn
Target commission date: 2017 (Mecidiyeköy-Mahmutbey), 2018 (Kabataş-Mecidiyeköy)
Line length: 24.5 km
Travel time: 37 min
Kabataş (Kabataş-Taksim funnicular, Kabataş-Bağcılar tram, İDO, ferry connections) – Beşiktaş (ferry connectionsı) – Darphane – Mecidiyeköy (Yenikapı-Hacıosman metro, Metrobus) – Çağlayan – Kâğıthane – Nurtepe – Alibeyköy – Yeşilpınar – Veysel Karani – Akşemsettin – Kâzım Karabekir – Yenimahalle – Karadeniz Mahallesi (Topkapı-Sultançiftliği tram) – Tekstilkent – Yüzyıl – Göztepe – Mahmutbey (Başakşehir-Kirazlı metro)
700k daily ridership
- 8 Oct 2013: Offers given for Mecidiyeköy-Mahmutbey metro tender. Best offer from Gülermak-Kolin-Kalyon consortium.
- 9 Feb 2014: Mecidiyeköy-Mahmutbey engineering works started. Deadline 3 years.
- 16 Apr 2015: Tender opened for Kabataş-Mecidiyeköy extension line.
- 21 May 2015: Kabataş-Mecidiyeköy engineering works started. Deadline 3 years.
- Jul 2015: Tender opened for 300 metro cars. Best offer from CRRC.
- Mar 2016: Public Tender Committee rejected all offers except Hyundai Rotem in 300-metro-cars-tender.
Cover Photo: Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality ©