Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of main line train running between Ankara and Tatvan:
This train service is suspended due to Covid-19.
- Which operator operates the train? TCDD Taşımacılık
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? Diesel loco hauled passenger coaches
- What travel options I have? Pulman (2+1 seats) + couchette (4 berths) + sleeper (2 berths)
- Any food/drink available in train? Dining car
- How far is it from Ankara to Tatvan? 1245 km
- How long it takes from Ankara to Tatvan? 24:00 hours
Train departure days: Every Tuesday and Sunday from Ankara, every Tuesday and Thursday from Tatvan
Click for general discounts
Tickets on sale 30 days prior to departure
How can I buy the ticket?
|Mobile||App Store or Google Play|
|Call Center||444 82 33 (English available)|
|Ticket Offices||Train tations, tourism agencies, PTT offices|
WhatsApp support line: +90 (507) 321 82 33
Ankara train station where all passenger trains to east departs,and Ankara high speed train station where all high speed trains to west departs, are next to each other. There’s overpass in between for passengers.
It’s not easy to find sleeper/couchette at Vangolu Express. It’s better buying the ticket as soon as they are on sale.
Tatvan is the closest station to Akhtamar Church. You can get to Akhtamar by bus + boat.
Read public transport alternative to Ankara train station at How to get to high speed train station at Ankara?.
Main stations this train is calling at:
Some information may vary. Visit operators’ websites for official information. Please read our disclaimer.