Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of main line train running between Ankara and Tatvan:
Vangolu Express travel info
- Which operator operates the train? TCDD Taşımacılık
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? Diesel loco hauled passenger coaches
- What travel options I have? Pulman (2+1 seats) + couchette (4 berths) + sleeper (2 berths)
- Any food/drink available in train? Dining car
- How far is it from Ankara to Tatvan? 1245 km
- How long it takes from Ankara to Tatvan? One day
- How can I buy the ticket? All sales channels (Internet, mobile applications, call center, stations and tourism agencies)
- Can I buy ticket online? Online ticket available
- When can I buy the ticket? 30 days prior to departure
Route map of Vangolu Express
* Based on route data provided by EcoTransITWorld. There may be some changes on route.
Main stations Vangolu Express calls
- Ankara high speed train station
- Kayseri train station
- Sivas train station
- Cetinkaya train station
- Malatya train station
- Elazig train station
- Tatvan train station
Vangolu Express timetable
Train departure days: Everyday
* As of 10/2018. Please click for official timetable.
Ticket fares of Vangolu Express
Ticket fares for Vangolu Express-Ana hat route*:
- Standard seat: 47 TL/person
- Couchette: 63.5 TL/person
- Sleeper: 117 TL/person (Single room surcharge: 70 TL)
Click for general discounts
* Fares are as of 10/2018.
More to know
- Ankara train station where all passenger trains to east departs,and Ankara high speed train station where all high speed trains to west departs, are next to each other. There’s overpass in between for passengers.
- It’s not easy to find sleeper/couchette at Vangolu Express. It’s better buying the ticket as soon as they are on sale.
- Tatvan is the closest station to Akhtamar Church. You can get to Akhtamar by bus + boat.
- Read public transport alternative to Ankara train station at How to get to high speed train station at Ankara?.