The scope, route, stops, connections and history of Kirazli-Bakirkoy metro:
- Owner: Ministry of Transport
- Contractor: Aga Enerji (construction + electrification)
- Contract date: 3/2015
- Contract duration: 1200 days
- Contract deadline: 6/2020
- Contract value: € 273 mn
Kirazli (Yenikapi-Kirazli, Kirazlı-Olimpiyatkoy/Basaksehir and Kirazli-Halkali metros) – Molla Gurani – Yildıztepe – Ilkyuva – Haznedar – Incirli (Yenikapı-Havalimanı metro and Metrobus) – Ozgurlük Meydani (Marmaray) – Bakırkoy IDO (IDO sea bus)
The metro extension project which connects Kirazli-Basaksehir metro to Bakirkoy coast.
- Line length: 8.9 km
- Travel time: 13.5 min
- 2006Bakirkoy-Incirli-Kirazli metro project unveiled replacing the Yenikapi-Bagcilar project.
- Dec 2010Ministry of Transport take over some metro projects in Ankara and Istanbul: Kizilay-Cayyolu, Batikent-Sincan, Tandogan-Kecioren in Ankara, Otogar-Bagcilar, Bagcilar-Olimpiyat Koyu, Bakirkoy-Kirazli and Bakirkoy-Beylikduzu.
- 2013Included in investment plans of government.
- Nov 13, 2014Tender for metro project. 9 offers received. Best offer by Senbay Madencilik (€ 215 mn).
- Mar 3, 2015Aga Enerji is awarded (€ 273 mn). Deadline 1200 days.
- Mar 13, 2015Project started with delivery of construction site. Deadline June 2018.
- Mar 30, 2015Offers received for consulting and supervising.
- May 28, 2015Yuksel Proje is awarded for consulting and supervising (TL 24 mn).
- Jun 11, 2016Construction works started with a ceremony.
- Feb 2017Two TBMs are brought to Bakirkoy site.
- Feb 201835% of stations and 20% of tunnels have completed. Directorate of Infrastructure Investments updated the dedaline as Jun 2020.
- Apr 30, 2018Contractor requested additonal time of 32 months.
- Sep 2018It’s written in media that Municipality stops payments for Bakirkoy-Kirazli, Goztepe-Atasehir-Umraniye and Cekmekoy-Sultanbeyli metro projects till 2019, thus contractors close sites after completing the must-be-done works.
- Oct 2018It’s announced that 20% of project is completed and new deadline is October 2020.
Cover photo: İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi ©
Categories: Urban Transport