The scope, route, stops, connections and history of Gayrettepe-Airport metro which will connect city to new airport of Istanbul.
The post below is published in 2018. Above links to an up-to-date post on same topic.
- Owner: Transport Ministry
- Construction and electromechanic: Senbay-Kolin
- Contract date: 12/2016
- Contract duration: 1080 days
- Contract deadline: 12/2019
- Contract value:
- Construction and electromechanic: € 1 bn
Gayrettepe (Yenikapı-Hacıosman metro and metrobus) – Kağıthane (Kabatas-Mahmutbey metro) – Kemerburgaz – Gokturk – Isiklar (new main bus terminal planned) – Ihsaniye – Istanbul Airport (HST and Halkalı-Airport metro)
One of the two metro lines connecting Istanbul to new airport, first phase of which is going to be commissioned in late 2018 and be one of the biggest airports in the world when completed. Metro will call in three different stations within airport.
- Line length: 37.2 km
- Travel time: 26 min
- Service to start in 2019.
- The airport has a target of 90 mn passengers per year in first phase, and 200 mn when completed. Togehter with 200k staff working at airport, the ridership of metro is expected to be over 100 mn/year.
Cover photo: 1Yapı ©
Categories: Urban Transport