- Feb 2009: Tram line is included in strategic plan.
- 26 Feb 2014: Tender for the tram. Gülermak is awarded. Durmazlar’s tram cars will be used. Tram line is worth TL 182 mn, tram cars are worth € 69 mn.
- April 2014: Objection for tender with the claim that Durmazlar trams do not meet the criterias.
- September 2014: Tram cars decided to be changed. Hyundai Rotem’s tram will be used.
- Feb 2015: Engineering works started for Karsiyaka tram.
- May 2015: Tram route changed. Trams will share road with cars.
- Aug 2015: Tram route changed again. Frequent changes are criticized by Chamber of City Planning Engineers.
- Oct 2015: First tram set of Izmir produced and unveiled.
- Nov 2015: Engineering works started for Konak tram.
- Feb 2016: Another revision for tram route.
- Jan 2018: Construction of rails completed.
- Feb 2018: Test runs started.
- 24th Mar 2018: Konak tram is commissioned. It’ll run between 06-24. Tram will run every 15 minutes and is free during 45 days.
Categories: Urban Transport