We all, as railway logistic professionals, are looking forward to hearing the completion of railway renewals which caused really hard days for us. But we’re also looking forward to hearing the completion of other freight projects which will increase competetiveness of railway transportation. Here below is the full list of all freight projects in railways which are managed by either TCDD or Transportation Ministry.
Projects to be Ended in 2014
- Arifiye-Pamukova Second Line : Currently also the first line is closed. That will start being used in the first quarter. The second line will be completed within this year.
- Kayseri Northern Passage
- Kemalpasa Industrial Zone Connection and Freight Village
- Bogazkopru-Yenice and Adana-Mersin Signalization
- Tekirdag-Muratli Electrification and Signalization
- Cumaovasi-Tepekoy Electrification and Signalization
- Menemen-Aliaga Second Line : Project will almost be completed by the end of this year except the small connection in Nemrut Bay.
- Kars-Tbilis-Baku Railway : All construction works will be completed. Some administrative works for 2015.
Projects to be Completed in Following Years
- Marmaray : The project also expected to be used by freight trains will end in 2015. This year there’s a budget of 1,4 billion TL . To be completed, projects needs 2,7 billion TL next year.
- Freight Villages : The complete projects is for 18 freight villages totaly cost 550 million TL. 191 million has been spent until this year, and 70 million will be added to this amount in 2014.
- Van Lake Ferry : Total project is 224 million TL. 126 million TL has been spent, and 40 million TL will be in 2014.
- Adapazarı-Karasu Port Connection: Connection is planned to be completed in 2015. The realization will be 73% by the end of this year.
- Gap Projects : Project will start this year with 97 million TL, where 1,5 billion is needed for all.
- Signalization : Bandirma-Menemen and Eskisehir-Balikesir will be completed in 2015, Manisa-Afyon in 2016.
- Electrification : Bandirma-Menemen, Eskisehir-Balikesir, Bogazkopru-Yenice, Adana-Mersin and Kirikkale-Ankara will be completed in 2015, Manisa-Afyon in 2016.
- Additonal Lines : Construction of additional lines to current Menemen-Manisa, Konya-Karaman, Adana-Mersin, Tepe-Selcuk, Adana-Toprakkale and Karaman-Mersin lines will not develop much this year, funds are very small for all.
- Signalization by Local Technology : Signalization of Afyon-Denizli-Isparta lines by the signalization technique produced by local technology is expected to cost 85 million TL 15 of which will be sent this year.
Photo: Eksper Rail