The process for allocation of train slots to train operators will start tomorrow.
The steps are as follows:
- Train operators will deliver their demands until 3rd of December.
- TCDD will prepare draft timetables until 18th of December.
- Additional requests will be accepted until 21st of December.
- TCDD will finalize the allocation until 27th of December and ink contracts with train operators.
- The timetable for 2017 will be published on 27th of December and will go in effect by 1st of January.
Demand for train slots is only expected to be done by TCDD Tasimacilk AS by now. But it wouldn’t be a big surprise to see first private loco on Turkish rail network in 2017.
Cover Photo: Onur Uysal ©