The scope, route, stops, connections and history of Halic tram (Eminonu-Alibeykoy) under construction at Istanbul:
Pls check our new article for up-to-date information and latest developments about this line.
- Owner: Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
- Contractor: Dogus Insaat
- Contract duration: 780 days
- Contract deadline: 2019
- Contract value: € 153 mn
Eminonu (Marmaray, Bagcilar-Kabatas tram and ferries) – Kucukpazar (Yenikapi-Haciosman metro) – Cibali – Fener – Balat – Ayvansaray – Feshane – Eyup Teleferik (Piyer Loti cable car) – Devlet Hastanesi – Silahtaraga Mahallesi – Sakarya Mahallesi – Alibeykoy Merkez – Alibeykoy (Kabatas-Mahmutbey metro) – Alibeykoy Cep Otogari (bus station)
The 10 km long catenary-free tram line starting from Eminonu, following Golden Horn and ending at Alibeykoy.
- Line length: 10.1 km
- Travel time: 30 min
- 114k daily ridership
30 rail cars (Durmazlar)
- Jan 30, 2006Tender for preparing the application project and tender documents of tram line along Golden Horn.
- Sep 2, 2014Tender for preliminary analysis of 12-km-long tram line. Deadline 240 days. One offer came from Mescioglu Muhendislik.
- Oct 2014Mescioglu is awarded for the preliminary analysis.
- May 2015Project is unveiled. 18 stations, 30 min travel time, 25k hourly capacity, 30 months long construction.
- Nov 2015Environmental impact analysis started.
- Jun 29, 2016Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality opens tender for the construction and cars. Deadline 780 days. 8 offers received. Best belongs to Acilim-Akcadag-KMB consortium (€ 140 mn)
- Oct 31, 2016The second best offer, Dogus, is awarded for the project (€ 153 mn)
- Mar 20, 2017Construction works started.
- Jan 19, 2018Durmazlar is awarded for the tram sets of Halic tram. Durmazlar will produce 30 sets.
- May 2018Opening time is announced as Jan 2019.
- Jul 2018Municipality had the authorization for borrowing € 61 mn.
- Sep 2018Last status taken by flying camera : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMpuzwH_0Bc
- Oct 2018Municipality presents the completion rates as 90% for Mecidiyekoy-Mahmutbey metro, 46% for Dudullu-Bostanci metro, 33% for Halic tram, %33 for Atakoy-Ikitelli metro and 4% for Goztepe-Umraniye metro.
- Oct 2018Laying of rail of Halic (Eminonu-Alibeykoy) tram is announced to be completed by the end of this year. Test runs to start in first quarter of 2019.
- Mar 7, 2019First set of Halic Tram put on rail. Test runs will start on 8th of March.
Cover photo: İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi ©
Categories: Urban Transport