The scope, route, stops, statistics and history of Polatli-Konya very high speed line which was commissioned in 2011:
Owner: Turkish State Railways
Project cost: TL 1.1 bn
Contractor: Yapı Merkezi
Commission date: Ağustos 2011
The double-lane, electrified very high speed line (250 km/h) connecting Konya to Ankara-Istanbul high speed line.
Line length: 212 km
Travel time: Ankara-Konya: 100, İstanbul-Konya: 260 min
Konya (connections to other passenger trains) – Polatlı (connections to other high speed trains)
CAF sets (HT65000, 6-cars, 413 seats) and Siemens Velaro sets (HT80000, 8-cars, 446 seats)
- 2011: 0.41 mn
- 2012: 1.37 mn
- 2013: 1.74 mn
- 2014: 1.92 mn
- 2015: 2.46 mn
- 2016: 2.46 mn
- July 2006: Construction works started.
- July 2009: Lying of rails started.
- August 2011: Project commissioned. Ankara-Konya HST service began. It’s told to be the #1 HST line project in the world with shortest construction time and lowest cost.
- March 2013: Eskisehir-Konya HST service started.
- December 2014: Istanbul-Konya HST service started.
Cover Photo: Onur Uysal ©