The obligations of train operators in Turkey are published.
According to the new legislation, each company willing to be passenger or freight train operator in Turkey, should get a licence. This licence (separete for passenger and freight) will cost TL 100 000 (€ 30 000) and is valid for 10 years.
Some of the other terms for train operators are as follows:
- Min TL 10 mn registered capital
- Passenger train operator should have (or lease) min 2 locos + 6 coaches or 2 multiple units
- Freight train operators should have (or lease) 2 locos + freight wagons with 1500 ton total capacity
- Insurance policy covering all liabilities in case of any accident
- Have one senior manager and one medium-level manager meeting specifications in the legislation
- Should have ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certificates
Cover Photo: Jeff Hawken ©