The investment plans about metro and tram projects in 2019 become clear.
Here are the status of ongoing and soon-to-start metro/tram projects in Turkish cities:
Metro and tram projects – Istanbul
There are more rail projects in Istanbul than all other cities. 14 projects will continue and one will be added this year. Here below are those 15 projects, investment amount until this year, the budget of 2019 and remaining amount:
The only project that will surely be commissioned this year is Marmaray. TL 2.9 bn will be spent this year for this project.
Another project with huge fund is Gayrettepe-Airport metro: TL 2.3 bn. Target is to open next year.
Bostanci-Dudullu metro has also huge fund this year: TL 711 mn. Partial opening is expected.
Kabatas-Mecidiyekoy-Mahmutbey metro has a fund of TL 498 mn this year. Mecidiyekoy-Tekstilkent is ahead of other parts, partial opening is expected.
Halic tram, where laying of rails already started, has a fund of TL 250 mn in 2019. An opening within this year would not be suprising.
Tavsantepe-Sabiha Gokcen had started and progressed very fast, but slowed down. Opening in October was announced. The budget of TL 109 mn shows that it could not.
The below metro works have completion ratio under 50%, but still have considerable budgets:
- Bakirkoy-Kirazli metro: TL 482 mn
- Halkali-Istanbul Havaliman (Airport) metro: TL 483 mn
- Cekmekoy-Sultanbeyli metro: TL 383 mn
- Atakoy-Ikitelli metro: TL 370 mn
- Kirazli-Halkali metro: TL 300 mn
- Goztepe-Atasehir metro: TL 295 mn
- Mahmutbey-Bahcesehir metro: TL 280 mn
- Basaksehir-Kayasehir metro: TL 150 mn
- Kaynarca-Pendik-Tuzla metro: TL 75 mn
Cover photo: Onur Uysal ©
Categories: Urban Transport