As the social and economical impacts realized, both the demand of people and the promises of politicians for high speed trains become one of the most important discussions of the elections.
On the other hand, high speed trains are long-term and expensive investments. Far more funding than today’s investment budget is needed to complete even the planned ones.
Rail Turkey will keep its eyes on the whole high speed network (completed, under construction, planned or just announced) and will regularly publish developments.
Here is the complete list of all high speed lines of Turkey including just announced ones:
- Ankara-Istanbul Very High Speed Line (details)
- Polatli-Konya Very High Speed Line (details)
- Osmaneli-Bursa-Bandirma High Speed Line (details)
- Ankara-Sivas Very High Speed Line (details)
- Polatli-Afyon-Izmir Very High Speed Line (details)
- Sivas-Erzincan High Speed Line
- Konya-Karaman High Speed Line
- Halkali-Kapikule High Speed Line
- Gebze-Halkali High Speed Line (details)
- Sincan-Kosekoy Very High Speed Line
- Bursa-Balikesir-Candarlı High Speed Line
- Selcuk-Denizli High Speed Line
- Eskisehir-Burdur-Antalya High Speed Line
- Delice-Corum-Samsun-Fatsa High Speed Line
- Yerkoy-Kayseri High Speed Line
- Antalya-Konya-Nevsehir-Kayseri High Speed Line
- Sivas-Malatya-Diyarbakir-Mardin High Speed Line
- Erzincan-Trabzon High Speed Line
- Erzincan-Kars High Speed Line
- Karaman-Mersin-Gaziantep-Habur High Speed Line
You will find the whole history starting from the first declarations, last statuses, routes, stops, technical and financial information of the high speed lines in Rail Turkey. Timetables, ridership and rolling stock will also be published for the lines where service started.
2015 Plans in High Speed Train Projects in Turkey
Will Huge Investment Fund of TCDD be Sufficient for Mega Projects?
Cities To Be Connected by High Speed Trains in Turkey
5 Billion Needed Annually for High Speed Trains
Railway Investments of Turkey in 2014